I’m State Representative Bob Burns, running for St. Louis County Council in the 6th District. It has been my pleasure to serve as the State Representative from the 93rd district where both my wife Dianne and I grew up. I am running for the County Council to continue to serve the great people of South St. Louis County.
Now more than ever, in the midst of a pandemic, we need experienced and caring leadership to keep us safe, help our small businesses to survive, and to not only work to get things back to normal, but to get things back to better.
As County Councilman I pledge to:
- Make sure St. Louis County is responding in this health emergency and that we are better prepared for the next one. Support our nurses, doctors, pharmacists, grocery workers, postal workers, delivery drivers, and all those working to keep us safe.
- Fight to see that money we approved with Prop P for law enforcement isn’t being squandered. See that promises made to the public are fulfilled. Support our brave first responders.
- Keep our neighborhoods safe, addressing nuisance properties, and maintaining property values.
- Work to help small businesses recover and be prepared to create new jobs.
- Improve services for seniors and Veterans, and making sure nursing homes and VA facilities are safe.
- See that the 6th District receives its fair share of funds for needed infrastructure.
- Support the men and women of Organized Labor.
- Keep our parks and recreational facilities well maintained.
This election is important and there is a great deal at stake. Your vote and your support are vital.
The Democratic Primary is on August 4th and the General Election on November 3rd. The St. Louis County Election Authority mailed out forms to those 60 years and over to request an absentee ballot. If you, or anyone you know, would like an absentee ballot request it can be found here:
The ballot itself does not need to be notarized if you are confined for health reasons. “Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability, including caring for a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability.”
If I can answer any questions or be of service, please contact me and I will work my best to resolve every issue. I would also be grateful if we could place a sign in your yard. Call or email below and let me know. It would be an honor to continue to represent you as your next County Councilman.
Representative Bob Burns
Democrat for County Council – 6th District